To be the passionate presence of Christ for one another and the world we are called to serve.
In 1867, rectors from St. Stephen's, New Hartford held Cottage lectures and services in the school at Chadwicks Mills, according to parochial reports. In 1874, services were held once in four weeks at Chadwicks and the congregation numbered from 60 to 75 people. In 1889, a chapel, located on Main Street and costing about $8,000, was erected in memory of George W. Chadwick, through a generous gift given to the village by his widow and the Chadwich family. For the laying of the cornerstone, the mills were shut down to give employees an opportunity to attend the ceremonies. The Consecration of the memorial chapel of St. George's took place on April 21, 1890 with many clergy and a large assembly of people present. Services were held at Chadwicks from various areas churches until 1912, when the Rev. Curtis H. Whedon became rector of the St. George's, Chadwicks, St. Paul's, Paris Hill and St. John's, Clayville. St. George's Chapel later became a mission and, in 1972, attained its present status as a parish. It continues to serve its members and community through regular worship services, a variety of parish and community activities and as part of the Diocese of Central New York, the Utica-Rome District and its shared ministries with parishes in Clark Mills and Utica.
The regularily scheduled services are at 10:00 AM with a period of fellowship following the service. Hymn enrich our worship except from the middle of June until the first week in September. Months with five Sundays we join with St. Mark's, Clark Mills and All Saints, Utica on a rotating basis and except when the Sunday is in the Winter month. Time of worship at this service is at 10:00 AM.